Here’s the deal on the Abs Diet. You eat a lot, every 3 hours. You never should be hungry. There is no portion control—you oversee that. Eat until you are satisfied. Since the foods are high-protein, high-fiber you will fill up quickly and not get hungry for hours (remember anxiety is mental, not physical. You have to learn to decipher body signals).The cheat sheet for the Abs Diet is:
Almonds and other nuts
Beans and legumes
Spinach and lots of non-starchy vegetables, especially green ones
Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese)
Instant Oatmeal (no sweetener or flavor)
Turkey and other lean meats and fish
Peanut Butter (homemade with Canola oil, no sugar or salt or preservatives)
Whole-grain bread and cereals
Extra-protein (whey) powder
Raspberries, berries, and other low Glycemic Index fruit
- Keep the booze to 3 drinks per week and if you are going out on a big night, try to hit the gym the day of
- You can cheat once a week for one meal—eat anything you want.
- Exercise: don’t skimp on this. At least 30 minutes 3-4 times per week. More if you want to see faster and dramatic results.
- Off limits, as in don’t even think about buying them and if you already have them in your cupboard, ditch them NOW: refined carbs like white flour or sugar or with a high Glycemic Index, saturated fats (butter is out), trans fat (margarine or those evil hydro oils), and high-fructose corn syrup. Beyond the calories, this stuff is clinically shown to be bad for your health.
- Learn to read labels: all those “light”, “low fat”, “low carb” stuff is usually chock full of chemicals or the off limit components above.
- Eating in smaller portions every 3 hours is the ultimate weapon for your metabolism. You will rev it beyond belief. To burn calories you have to eat!!! But eat wisely and frequently.
- Smoothies are the man!! Mix fruit, yogurt, whey, low-fat milk and ice for a dessert-like breakfast, meal, or snack. I even use low-fat chocolate milk with the peanut butter, fat-free vanilla yogurt and whey for a PB Brownie healthy version.
- In 2 weeks you will start feeling different; in 4 weeks you will see the difference; in 6 weeks the Abs will be appearing.